Saturday, May 29, 2010

Pizza Crust (thin)

*updated April 21, 2014: I've found I can get a great thin, crispy crust on a pizza pan with holes in it.

I'm a thin-crust kind of person, well, more accurately, a Niakwa Pizza kind of person. This is from www.recipezaar.com. It's #95048. If I really work this dough and stretch it, I can make it (almost) fit an 11x15 baking sheet. I just copied and pasted from the site:

makes 8 slices

2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
1/4 teaspoon sugar
3/4 cup hot water
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt

1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce

your choice of pizza toppings

* pepperoni
* precooked bacon
* tomato, sliced
* green pepper
* mozzarella cheese, shredded
* chopped garlic

Dissolve yeast and sugar in hot water.

Let sit for 8 minutes.

Meanwhile mix flour and salt.

Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture and mix well with a heavy spoon.

Turn onto floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.

Spread into a 12-14" circle.

(I do this directly onto a pizza stone with a marble rolling pin).

If you roll it out on a counter top, transfer to a greased pizza pan, stretching to edges.

Cover with sauce and desired topping.

Bake at 500 degrees for 8-12 minutes or until edges are golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment