Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Herb and Cheese Buns

I think this recipe is just a combination of my white bun dough recipe combined with an herb and cheese biscuit recipe. Hmm, I just used 'recipe' three times in one sentence...

2 1/2 cups warm water
1/3 cup oil
1/2 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp yeast
8 cups flour
3/4 tsp paprika
4 1/2 tsp oregano
2 1/4 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese

I mixed it up with my Kitchen Aid, covered the bowl with plastic wrap, and put into the oven to rise. I turn the light on to warm up the dough just a little, which makes it rise better.

After an hour and a half, I formed the buns, and placed them on baking sheets.

I covered the buns with plastic (not tightly) and put them back into the oven to rise for another hour and a half.

I took the buns out of the oven, preheated the oven to 400 degrees and baked them, one pan at a time for 20 minutes. My oven heats unevenly, so after 10 minutes, I turn the pan around.

No comments:

Post a Comment