Friday, August 24, 2012

Chocolate Milk Syrup (Brown Cow)

Is there still a product called Brown Cow? Or is it just the Nesquik bunny now? Regardless. You can use this for chocolate milk, hot chocolate, or drizzle it on your ice cream or cheese cake or....

This is from the Valley Mennonite Academy recipe book, submitted by Mary Klassen.

1/4 cup cocoa
3/4 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup water

1 tsp vanilla

Combine first four ingredients; cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla.

Use 2 Tbsp syrup for 1 cup milk.

Notes:
Wouldn't it be lovely to use strong coffee in place of the water? MMM!

I only used 1/2 cup sugar and I found it plenty sweet!

I had a great idea... I cleaned out an empty barbecue sauce bottle, got the smell out and everything, then poured the hot chocolate syrup in. Oops! The bottle wasn't made to withstand heat. Would have worked great if I had let the syrup cool first!

No comments:

Post a Comment