Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sweet and Sour Farmer Sausage

I believe this recipe is from the Valley Mennonite Academy recipe book, which is another really great collection! Many of the recipes in the book I have are submitted by my aunts.

This sauce is so yummy and simple that I use it every time a recipe calls for sweet and sour sauce.

1 farmer sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp flour

Brown farmer sausage. Mix remaining ingredients, except flour, and pour over farmer sausage in an oven-safe dish or slow cooker. Simmer about 1 hour (or longer if in slow cooker). Add flour to sauce (to thicken) just before serving.

Notes:
Delicious on pork chops or meatballs.

I used a double batch of the sweet and sour for one full farmer sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment