Thursday, August 19, 2010

Taco Soup

This is one of my submissions to the white recipe book. I haven't made this in ages!

2 lb ground beef
1/2 cup onion, chopped
28 oz can crushed tomatoes
14 oz can kidney beans
17 oz can corn with juice
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 to 2 cups water

grated cheese
taco chips
salsa

Brown the ground beef and onions; drain fat. Add tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, taco seasonings, and water. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Put in a serving bowl. Serve with grated cheese, taco chips, and salsa.

Notes:
Leaving the juice in with the corn is so gross to me. Loaded with salt and preservatives. Ick. I say drain it or use frozen corn.

One pkg of taco seasoning: 2 Tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp cumin). Or if you have the Taco Seasoning recipe I've posted previously... I used 2 1/2 Tbsp of that.

I didn't have crushed tomatoes on hand, so I used three cans of tomato soup with equal amounts of water.

If we want to have cheese, taco chips, or salsa as a garnish, why not sour cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment