Friday, August 13, 2010

Mexican Grilled Chicken

I wanted a different flavor than the barbecue or teriyaki that I make so often. This one is easy and different, but very delicious! I found this on allrecipes.com

1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, lime juice and taco seasoning until smooth. Place chicken on grill over medium coals. Sear one side; turn and brush with sauce. Grill, uncovered, for 6 minutes; turn and brush with sauce. Grill another 6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.

Notes:
I used two large packs of chicken drumsticks; maybe about 24 pieces.

I did 1 1/2 times the recipe, but I think 1 would have been enough.

I used 1 cup of sour cream with 1/2 cup of Miracle Whip.

I used 2 1/2 Tbsps taco seasoning.

I didn't have enough lime juice, so I zested the lime and used that too.

Johan grilled the chicken on one side, flipped it halfway through, covered the pieces with the topping, and continued to grill. He did it all on low heat. It took about an hour.

We sprinkled crushed red pepper flakes on a few of the pieces to spice it up a bit.

This was enjoyed by kids and adults alike!

No comments:

Post a Comment