Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Mackintosh Toffee Marshmallows

Once again, a gem from the white recipe book. This one is from Martha Brandt. Her note: It is helpful for two people to do this; one to dip the marshmallows and the other to roll them.

1 large bag marshmallows
5 boxes Mackintosh toffee (I have used more than this, Martha noted)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup crushed cornflakes (or more)
1/2 cup toasted coconut (or more)

Melt butter, condensed milk, and toffee together. Dip marshmallows in mixture (using a fork) and coat evenly. Next, roll marshmallow in the cornflake crumbs and then in the coconut.

Notes:
The first time I made this, I wrote in my recipe book:
2 x 250g marshmallows
2 x 170g Mac. toffee pieces
Rice Krispies, no coconut
used skewer instead of fork
makes approx 7 doz.

Today:
Used skewer to hold marshmallows, but I first stuck the skewer into butter so the marshmallow doesn't stick. Probably put butter on it every two or three marshmallows.

used 3 x 170g toffee pieces, and 1/3 cup butter

When the toffee mixture got low, I poured it into a mug, warmed it up and was able to dip the marshmallows more easily.

Made another batch and added one ounce (one square) of semi-sweet baking chocolate and a small handful of dark chocolate chips that I had leftover from my Brownie Fudge Puddles recipe. It's good with the toffee and chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment