Sunday, October 4, 2026

Hot Chocolate Mix

I have wanted to make a low-sugar, few-ingredient hot chocolate mix for years and this is finally the time to give it a go.

1/2 cup monk fruit sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla

2 cups powdered milk
1 cup cocoa
3 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt

Combine sugars with vanilla. Spread on a baking sheet and allow to become fully dry. Crumble it or even put it into a blender so it isn't chunky.

Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Store in a tightly sealed jar.

For a cup of hot chocolate, add 2 to 3 Tbsp of dry mix into 8 oz of hot water.

Notes:
I used Trensite brand whole milk powder (from Walmart). I wasn't interested in skim milk powder.

This also makes a nice chocolate pudding. I'll write out the measurements the next time I make it.


No comments:

Post a Comment