I was looking for a recipe to make a dozen chocolate zucchini muffins and I decided to try the one from My Baking Addiction. Phenomenal. I recommend it!
I wanted to double it and made several changes so this is my adaptation. It's still a work in progress and I will likely make additional changes. But this is what I'm working with for now:
2 cups zucchini, washed, dried, grated
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
4 eggs
4 tsp vanilla
3 cups white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare preferred muffin pans. I love the Pampered Chef stoneware pans.
Cream butter and sugars together until it has become a pale, fluffy mixture. Add in eggs, beat until everything is very well combined. Add vanilla.
Time for the dry ingredients, chocolate chips, and shredded zucchini. Stir only enough for ingredients to be combined. Really get down into the bottom of the bowl to ensure everything gets mixed thoroughly. Don't over-mix! (About 18 to 20 stirs should be good.)
Using a large scoop (the Pampered Chef one holds about 3Tbsp of batter), put one scoop of batter into each spot.
Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
No comments:
Post a Comment